Friday, July 28, 2006

The Big B Has Landed

Big B is back and yesterday we went to the Newberry Library Book Fair. I got 6 sweet books for $33.

The Book of Kells: And Illustrated Introduction
Magritte
William Blake
Book of rare Art Nouveau posters
He Said, She Said
and an another illustrated book about birds to add to my collection


And B got Gargantua and Pantagrue

Nothing quite like good, cheap books. I've been wanting to start a good art book collection for awhile now and I have 5 new ones to add to the collection, so I'm really bulking it up. Think I'll need a new bookshelf soon. B's books pretty much take over 3 bookcases we have in the living room and my books are all in my spare room on a little built in wall shelf. When I moved to Chicago, we had very limited space in the car and I was only able to bring my most favorite books with me (which was only about a quarter of them) and leave the rest at my mom's. Over the past 5 years of living here, I've acquired a good number of new books but it's nothing looking my old collection, which is either collecting dust in her basement or has been donated to a library somewhere (boohoo).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home