Wednesday, July 19, 2006









BAD BLOGGER! BAD BLOGGER! SO SO SO SO BAD!

Sorry, I've been really shirking my blogging repsonsiblities. I've actually been pretty busy at work lately and haven't had time to wander too much.
Recap of the past week: Last Thursday The Big B and I went to dinner with his parents. They were only in town for one night. They are always so refreshingly nice and welcoming to me, and they love to play games. We played this awesome game with them in the hotel called The Name Game. It was great. Friday night I stayed in with the b-fri and ordered Chinese food and Saturday I went to the breakfast and then the beach with Lady M. It felt so great to be in the sun (but I did get a little burnt, ouch). Saturday night we had a little last minute get-together at our apartment as a going away party for the Big B (he's away on tour for 2 weeks). It was sad to see him go but I'm actually doing pretty well on my own and have been surprisingly busy.

Last night I went to the Gene Siskel Film Center and saw a great documentary called Stolen (I would link here, but I'm lazy today. Google it, fools). It was about this art heist in Boston at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (which is a gorgeous museum if you ever get the chance to go) about 10 years ago where some priceless Vermeers (seen in the pic above) and Rembrandts were stolen, and the theives have yet to be caught. Some theories point to a couple famous Boston area art theives and another theory is that it was connected to Whitey Bulger and the IRA. If you don't know who Whitey Bulger is (I know all my Boston friends do and my Chicago friend Bryan H. definitely does too) look him up. He was basically THE premier Irish crime boss in Boston for years. He's wanted by the FBI for 18 murders and suspected in about 80. He went missing a few years ago and nobody will say where he is. He's very well protected in the city.

On another note, I'm going to see Journey tonight! Woo-woo! It's ridiculous that we're going, but I'm really looking forward to it. I mean, when's the last time I went to an actual concert? And we have lawn seats. Perfect. So in honor of that and because I'm a big sleepyhead today, I'm going to post something I wrote in my journal about the last time I saw Journey 2 years ago in Rockford, IL. Enjoy, pals.

7/7/04
Went to Rockford, saw Journey, got drunk, screamed at the lead singer and told him to take off his pants. Stood next to a biker dude and his girlfriend. She had fake nails. They stood in an embrace for the entire show. After show, hopped over a security fence, hid in the bushes by the tour buses, got shooed away by a security guard. Went over by the tour buses behind a fence, ripped down the plastic blocking the view. Met a woman who owns a bottle of Evian water that Steve Perry drank out of ten years ago. Shook hands with the drummer and got the lead singer's (not Steve Perry, new guy, Steve Aguieri) autograph. Got stuck in the parking lot for awhile trying to get out after the show and really, really had to pee. Jumped out of the car and found the perfect spot in some bushes.

After Journey went to a shitty metal club in Rockford called Elixir. It was a "battle of the bands." Ha, I haven't been to one of those since the days of Xaverian High School with E when we tried to pick up (or just ogle) metal boys. The bands were awwww-ful, but I was drunk and got up and started to dance by the stage. The bass player had a cordless bass and jumped down from the stage to play "at" us. I couldn't stop laughing. 21 year old lost suburban kids moshed all around us.

Drove to Denny's after the bar closed and inhaled a Moons Over My Hammy without the Hammy and some fries. Some local guy walked by our table and saw us giggling about something so he asked us if we wanted to hear a joke. Sure. "What's pink and smells like pussy?" "Salmon!" L yelled out. No. The guy stuck out his tongue. That was the punchline of the joke. His tongue smells like pussy. Ah, the wit. Somehow this fits in perfectly with my Rockford experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home